Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Beauty

I posted this yesterday on my His Artist profile. I decided to post it here as well, since I am switching over happy.

 

Where I come from, my family had the most snow of anyone in the near vicinity. Where I live now with my husband, we have the least snow of anyone in the vicinity. I went from sledding off the roof to wondering what happened to winter. I had forgotten what it was like not to have my daily list often include shoveling once, if not three or six times. (Okay, so that was an extreme - a heavily snowy thanksgiving where we got feet upon feet of snow that day and didn't see the end of the massive snowbanks until June, I'm dead serious.) Honestly, I looked at it all as an adventure and often wandered out to take pictures - wading through thigh deep snow and stooping down to look into the first story windows. 


Here's a couple pictures, in case you want proof :

 

Yes, that's my family's house... somewhere under there

 

Catching a view from the roof. The dog just climbed the snowbank and joined them

 

 


Dog. Boy. Roof.


Today, my husband and I shoveled our driveway for the first time, and it's February! Since we only have one shovel, and he's a manly man, even though I'm not a girly girl, I 'let' him shovel and I gave him moral support and took pictures of our little winter wonderland. It wasn't nearly as wintery as I am used to, but it was beautiful nonetheless.


Here are some of the results:

 

Landscape


Hangin' on and waiting for spring, just like me


Frail but hearty beauty



When I'm cooped up inside, I often find my sense of God's awesomeness fading. But as soon as I step outside, take a fresh breath of air, real air... it all comes whooshing back and I just close my eyes and be. Thank you Lord, for all the reminders of you and your care. Thank you for putting us in a beautiful world that is only a hint of what is to come.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork." Psalm 19:1

~ Ashley L.



No comments:

Little things to brighten our day. Beauty in Gentleness Speck of Joy Serenity