Monday, April 25, 2011

Woodland Creatures

Ethan and I were happily working on our computers beside each other in the office. For some reason, Ethan looked up and glimpsed something outside the window about 50-100 feet away, "Ashley! Is that a dead fox??"

I looked too. Sure enough, it looked like a fox! With all my heart, I didn't want to believe it was dead, but it was laying pretty still and it was 2 in the afternoon. I didn't think fox were usually out that early.

Both being photographer-minded artists, we ran for the camera and investigated further through the living room window. We snapped a couple shots through the window, just in  case it was alive and ran away when we ventured outside.

Then, my heart leapt! I saw it's ear twitch! I swallowed, "Ethan! It's alive! It twitched its ear!" I suppose it seems a little silly to be so joyed at something like that, but I've always been an animal lover. It was nice to realize it was enjoying the spring sun streaming through the trees in our backyard woods instead of lying there dead or sick.

 

We tiptoed outside. When the shutter clicked, it twitched and slyly turned its head more towards us, watching us. It laid there for a few minutes, watching us as Ethan quickly snapped some more pictures before, quick as lightening, it darted up and bounded away. I'm so glad God let me get that little glimpse of nature! I just love little creatures.

Look at those sly eyes!

 

So Ethan actually took all these cool photos With two photographers and only one camera, we usually cooperate and take turns with the camera Whoever sees it first gets to take the pic... mostly)

And then we glimpsed this black squirrel just outside our front door munching some... bark? Left over from chopping wood. lol Very cute (Ethan took this too.)

 

 

Praising my Lord for little spots of sunshine and delightful woodland animals around us! I think he knew we'd appreciate the fox, both being people who love little creatures. Thank you Lord!

 

~ Ashley L.

No comments:

Little things to brighten our day. Beauty in Gentleness Speck of Joy Serenity