Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Aaaand it Snowed

I was (foolishly) starting to think winter was over when we had those few warm days. No coat days. But it appears I was wrong.

 

The nighttime snowfall brought that sort of heavy snow that clings to the tree branches, and ice droplets, frozen in time.

It's dazzling and breathtaking.

I just stand and stare at the white and glassy wonderland and am in awe of the Lord and all He has created.

And even though it's cold, I get a warm feeling. Knowing that I don't need to walk this path of life alone, Jesus wants to walk it with me, right beside me. Right beside us, my husband and I together. Always.

 

image0001

 

But I still can't wait for Spring. BaRe ToEs. Short sleeves. Gardens growing. Swimming.

Ethan and I are headed to film a commercial in Florida though... so we get to escape the cold and snow, and find sunshine and sand! It's so neat to get to work alongside my husband, doing something we both love. It's not a long project this time though, so we'll be back in the good ole' north soon enough. There is nothing like a husband wife team with the Lord in the center. We're still workin' on that. I have the feeling it will be a lifelong path and journey. But we are hoping, striving to be there. And stay there. If the Lord isn't in the center of all we do, we are sure to fail. Perhaps not in the world's terms of success. But in having our lives be worth more. In touching other's lives. In having a marriage that truly shows the unselfish love, the deepness, the trust, that God wants to have with His children. 

 

I feel almost like we are betraying all our family and friends who must stay here and wait a couple more months for the 80-90 degree weather. But I'll still enjoy it. silly

 

footprints and sparkles.

image0003

 

Frozen in time

image0004

 

 

Ice crystals and new spring buds

image0005

 

 

Just for fun

image0006

 

the water was frozen on the windows.

image0007

 

 

On a more springtime note...

Our little starter plants are growing bigger!

image0002

 

 

Until we return, tan and warm... (just kidding! We'll be working... *cough* most of the time)

And... we will have our first anniversary while we are down there! I can't believe it's been a year. But that's a topic for another day.

 

 

Ashley L.

 

 

 

No comments:

Little things to brighten our day. Beauty in Gentleness Speck of Joy Serenity